Unfortunately I have been sick almost all week so we aren’t having friends over for the game, but I am going to do some game food for us. Thank goodness for Whole Foods delivery this week. I just couldn’t make it to the grocery store so it definitely saved me.
Super Bowl Food …
- Taco Soup and/or Nachos
- 7 Layer Dip
- Little Smokies
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Meals for the week…
- Grilled Chicken and Veggies
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Sheet Pan Veggies and Chicken Sausage
- Refried Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Frozen Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Trader Joes)
- Little Smokies
- BBQ Sauce
- Almond Milk
- 2 bags of brussel sprouts
- Chicken Sausage
- 1/4 lb of Turkey (for sandwiches)
- Cheese (for sandwiches)
- GF Waffles
- Gerolsteiner Water
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Ground Beef
- Coconut Aminos (GF soy sauce)
- Frozen Green Beans
- Frozen French Fries
- Cayenne ginger shots (we really do feel like these help to keep sickness at bay!)
- Everything but the bagel spread, holy moly, so good. (Trader Joes)
Kung Pao Chicken: This one is SO GOOD. We’ve been doing this for about 2-3 years now. Cook your cubed chicken in sesame oil. Take out chicken and set on a paper towel to soak up the juices. Use the same pan and add more sesame oil and add frozen or fresh green beans (not canned). Once these are a tad blistered or cooked to your liking add back in your chicken. Mix up siracha, chili paste, honey, garlic powder, and coconut aminos. I just taste as I go and see if I like it! Pour it over the chicken and green beans. Add peanuts and sesame seeds at the end. Put it all over rice or cauliflower rice! So so yummy and easy. I’ll add carrots sometimes too!
Taco soup: I’ve had many friends ask for our recipe. It’s basically pantry staples and we didn’t have to buy anything for it this week! Taco soup recipe below.
- 2 can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 2 can pinto beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes OR rotel
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of corn or 1/2 c. -1 c. of frozen corn
- Ranch seasoning
- Taco seasoning in packet or your own blend. I usually make my own and add in a little TJ’s chili lime seasoning.
- 1 lb. ground beef (cooked)
- Add any toppings you’d like. Sour cream, plain yogurt, cheese, jalapenos, fresh cilantro, avocados, guacamole. The options are endless!
Good ‘ol spaghetti: Marinara, ground beef, noodles. That’s all we do. One of bubs favorites. Sometimes I will make my own sauce, but I’m not this week.
7 Layer Dip: Love her 7 layer dip, we omit the olives though! Recipe.
Grilled Chicken and Veggies: I will just marinate some chicken in pineapple juice and soy sauce with a little garlic- grill it up and grill some veggies to go with it!
Sheet Pan Meal: We will do garlic and herb chicken sausage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, , carrots, and small russet potatoes. This week I will put ranch over it all! Check out previous weeks for other variations of this meal.
I will also make fresh applesauce. We love to have it on hand. Just put peeled and cored apples in a pot with as much cinnamon as you would like and wait for it to get mushy! About 45 min. Then I put it in the blender and save it in the fridge.
Total for the week: Monday-Sunday $100.
**We buy organic when possible. This has made our grocery bill higher, but the benefit outweighs the cost for us. I am also gluten free and have been for approximately 10 years. The options now are so much better than they used to be, but are still expensive! Both of these things can make our bill higher, so if you want to make these meals a little more cost effective you can I’m sure!
Thanks for reading! Please, comment, like, or follow if you are enjoying this content! So happy to have you here!