This crustless quiche is such an easy showstopper. The options of what to add in are endless and it makes for a great breakfast, lunch, dinner, and leftovers. Does it get much better than that?
To make bacon and onion mixture:
- 2-4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
To make egg filling:
- 7-9 eggs (depending on size)
- 1 c. half & half
- 1 c. fresh greens (any greens you like)
- 1/4 c. of grated cheese (any cheese you like! I used gruyere this time.)
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray a pie pan.
- To Make The Bacon and Onion Mixture: Place chopped onion in a cast iron skillet and cook til you can smell the onions. 1-2 minutes. Add in chopped bacon and let it crisp on medium heat.
- To Make The Egg Filling: In a large bowl add in 7-9 eggs and whisk. Add in half & half slowly and continue to whisk until fully combined. Once combined add in onion, bacon, cheese, and greens. Sprinkled salt and pepper on top.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake the quiche for 35-45 minutes. Just until the center is set- not too jiggly anymore. The edges should be browned.
- To Serve Quiche: Let cool for 5-10 minutes. It is easiest cut with a pie cutter but a regular knife is fine too! We served hashbrowns, a green salad, and fruit on the side. We also used a little hot sauce on some pieces!
*Seasoning: Always salt and pepper to your taste. I even waited to add these until it was out of the oven and it was perfect. A little garlic, onion salt, or paprika mixed in would be great too!
*Greens: I used fresh greens, but you could use frozen spinach. Just be sure to thaw it out and dry before using it. You could add any other kind of veggie you like! I’ve done asparagus and broccoli before! All have been delicious!!
**When I make again I will update with better photos of the quiche!